New fiber floors combine the look, price and durability of vinyl, with an added level of comfort and ease of installation. At Johnson & Sons Flooring, we carry Mannington’s Sobella line, which offers an unprecedented level of beauty. Before making a decision about fiber floors, you may want to know a little bit more about them. We’re here to answer your questions about fiber floors.
Fiber floors are very much like vinyl floors in that they are made up of layers that give it the qualities that make it perfect for any home.
From the top down, fiber floors consist of:
- The wear layer - A clear, protective coating that gives them durability and shine
- The pattern layer - A printed layer that forms the primary appearance of the floorings. Mannington’s new advancements in the area have allowed them to produce floors with sharp images and authentic-looking appearances
- The cushioned core - This layer makes the floors soft and comfortable to walk on, as well as offering insulation against noise and cold.
- The inner layer - The fiberglass gives this layer a level of flexibility and strength that was previously unimaginable
- The backing - This bottom layer protects the inner layers against moisture, bugs and mold.